Thursday, April 22, 2010

Slow winter

Well, it has been a very limited woodturning winter/early spring. Except for some requests from the Houston gallery, I have barely turned the lathe on. Hopefully that will change as I finally got the insulation blown in for the garage and now just need to pick out the AC unit so I will be ready for turning in the Texas summer.
Also, with a Crop Science and Horticulture degrees I have started a garden. OK, maybe it is a small farm. (6 - 4'X8' raised beds, 2 - 3.5'X7' raised beds, 6 ft x15 ft spot for sweet corn and some raspberries and blackberries in large pots.) So I will have not only woodturnings but fresh produce this summer as well. I will try to start a seperate blog for the garden and if I get my camera and computer to cooperate then put pictures up as the garden grows.
I am behind two wedding gifts (goblets with captive rings) so that will be the first things to come out of the new 'shop.' Will post pics when I am down. I also have a 3ft section of cottonwood root that I am curious to see how it turns.

No comments: